ASR Registration program

Have any TBBS/TDBS software and/or games? We'd like to hear about it!
wizeone

ASR Registration program

Postby wizeone » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:35 am

found a link to this and ran around the net trying to find it, here it is!! a program that will attempt to register ANY ASR program out there (even worked on vsysop 1 for me)

it is a command line utility. ( c:\tbbs\asr_reg /path/to/asr_prog.tpg name-of-bbs ) . sit back and wait a few and should come up saying it was patched

i know Alan was going to try and find his key maker but lost all the files so i do not think he will mind this being here.

from the site that i found this at:
In the early 1990's there was a company named Advanced System Research (ASR) that published many shareware programs for the TBBS platform. It appears that the company has been out of business for over a decade now and all of the authors that made products for ASR are also out of the business, but their fine TBBS and TDBS shareware programs still remain. This is a tool that the IFX Group wrote for authorized ASR distributors to imprint the shareware files with the customer information. It has the effect of unlocking extra features and abilities in most of the programs. There are no instructions included with this file other than the command line syntax help included in the program itself. Make a backup of your shareware file before using this tool. If you can locate the author of the shareware program you are registering, please send them some money to thank them for their efforts.
Attachments
reg_asr.zip
(26.72 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Last edited by wizeone on Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Masher
Site Admin

Re: ASR Registration program

Postby Masher » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:15 pm

Thanks for posting this! I'll get it added to the file list.
Free game server control panel and tools for gamers: http://brainless.us

Return to “Software Swap”